DAY CAMP LEADER (end of June-August 2021)
Part Time (20-40 hours/week)
Reporting to the Program and Special Events Director this position is responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing and leading of Summer Day Camp activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Plan and organize games, sports, arts, crafts, cultural activities, field trips, special events and lead the activities
• Supervise and ensure the safety of children 3 – 12 years of age while they are attending the Summer Day Camp program
• Control/supervise the safe usage of equipment and supplies
• Experience and enjoyment working with children.
• Experience in a sports or recreation environment.
• Ability to imaginatively plan and organize games, sports, arts, crafts, cultural activities, lead field trips.
• First Aid training would be an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Program and Special Events Director by June 18/2021: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPORT SERVICES –
Part Time (20-40 hours/week)
Nustadia Recreation is a recreation facility that provides clean, safe multi-purpose spaces for a variety of leisure, recreational programs. We offer events and sporting activities that enhance the quality of life for people of Alberta.
We may send written correspondence regarding this position directly to your email address provided in your profile. Please ensure all correspondence is correct.
Sport Services – Primary Accountabilities include:
This position is responsible for the setup and take down of equipment required for a variety of functions and events such as business meetings Large Public and Private events, such as birthday Parties and tournaments. This position monitors the use of the rooms and assists in the customers in their requests and helps to manage the incoming and out going of our guests. This position will work with guest services and help meet scheduled events needs.
•Set-up and take down of tables and chairs, and other preparation for small and large – scale events and meetings.
• Equipment and playing service set up for athletic events.
• Assist facility in managing the traffic flow of people arriving and departing various events.
• Provide superior customer service by addressing customer concerns and questions in a professional and safe manner.
• Monitor facility areas and activities to ensure a safe environment is maintained at the close of events.
• Provide a wide variety of custodial duties and light maintenance duties as required, ensuring clean, safe and well-maintained facilities for the users.
• Current First Aid – Level C CPR and AED certifications are required or be able to obtain certification.
• CSA approved footwear is required.
• Previous experience in working in a customer service-related position is considered an asset.
• WHMIS, safe lifting training and time management training would be considered an asset.
• RCMP clearance required (vulnerable section )